liebster.blog.award.Posted: August 28, 2012
A few facts about the Liebster Blog Award
- After a few “google” searches, I found out that the origin of this award either isn’t out there anymore, or has changed url addresses.
- I did however find out that “LIEBSTER” is German for “DEAREST”.
- It is one of those blogger to blogger awards, where you have to nominate other bloggers after you’ve been nominated for it.
- With this particular award, originally, you had to nominate 5 bloggers with less than 200 readers. How it came about to 11 bloggers and no particular number of readers, I’m not really sure and I’m not up to finding out either.
Anyways, since I’ve been nominated using the new rules, we’ll just have to follow those don’t we? ;-)
Cheers to Ja, of Athlete In Me for an awesome blog! You started this blog from knowing absolutely nothing about how to create one and you so quickly and efficiently blossomed into a full-time blogger! Like how a forest fire would start from a single spark and spread ablaze in a few minutes! ;-) Your determination inspires me! ;-)
Thank you for the nomination, it’s a first for me too! ;-)
So this is how the Liebster Blog Award goes:
1. Answer the questions that the person who tagged you asks.
2. Tell us 11 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 11 blogs and link them to your post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
Ja and Joy’s Q & A:
Ja’s Questions in red, My answers in Black.
1. What do you love most about blogging?
Here are some of the reasons why I love blogging:
I love that it is both a journal and an artistic outlet for me.
It gives me the feeling of accomplishment when I look back and see the DIY things that I’ve made.
It gives the people I love that are far away from me, updates about Aji and I.
2. What are your hobbies except for blogging?
I like cooking and baking. I absolutely love anything DIY and decorating! ;-) I’m on the constant look-out for things I can re-purpose at home. It’s becoming an addiction I think.
3. What’s your favorite blog that you read daily?
4. What snack do you eat at the movies?
Aji and I don’t normally snack in the movie theatres. We find munching and crunching a bit annoying and disruptive when you’re watching movies that require “thinking”. ;-) However, on the odd times that we do watch light, entertaining movies, we would have popcorn of course! ;-)
5. If you could travel back in time, what era would you choose and why?
Definitely the late 60’s early 70’s, to get a chance to see the Beatles Live in concert duh! ;-)
6. Iphone or Android?
I have an iphone, but since Aji got the google nexus phone, I’ve been wanting to switch! ;-) lol!
Seriously though, the iphone is better for me because the apps tie-in very nicely with my mbpro, hence I find it easier and convenient to use when I blog and do everything else.
7. If you could pick a dream profession, what would it be?
It’s a toss-up between a Professional Shopper, and an Interior Designer. I’m being serious! How awesome would that be!?!
8. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever given/received?
Wow, this is quite deep. I’ve received so much advice and I’ve given a few, but I really think it’s not my place to say which one is the best I’ve given.
Here’s the best piece I’ve received:
- Change is the only thing that’s permanent in this world. Don’t fret if things change, expect it and be ready for it. – Dad
9. What’s the best time to workout for you?
I don’t really workout. However, on my days of inspiration, I would go and run in the neighbourhood late at night (9-10 ish) then go home, have a shower and go to bed. I find that late nights are the best because I don’t feel exhausted during the day, so I don’t really “waste” time resting and feeling sorry for my achy muscles. ;-) I sleep it off and it’s a brand new day when I wake-up.
10. A must have item on you at all times? (pick one!)
A purse! ;-)
11. Which country, other than your current residence, do you love most?
I love Singapore! It’s a bit like home, because it’s beautiful, orderly and clean but warm all year round (unlike here)! ;-) Another thing I love about it is that it has low crime rate because people actually respect the law in Singapore.
Thanks again Ja! I’ve enjoyed answering your questions today! ;-)
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I do not eat raw/uncooked vegetables.
2. I love cold brewed coffee, but anything coffee is fine.
3. I do not like sweating. I have a problem with feeling sticky and dirty and having sweaty people around me. (You can infer from this random fact about me, that I do not like the gym) lol.
4. I absolutely love purses and shoes! But who doesn’t? ;-)
5. Purple used to be the one colour love of my life. Now purple just has to share with Turquoise and Red.
6. I love manicures and pedicures. Again, who doesn’t?
7. I was in school for the most part of my life, 24 years. No, I do not love school and I do not particularly like exams, but I love learning.
8. I’ve known my husband for 20 years now. No, I’m not a 60-year old woman! ;-)
9. I am a bit obsessive with cleanliness and order. I haven’t always been. I’m not sure when it all started. I think it was a gradual process, wanting to be organized and wanting to have everything clean and orderly. If you watch Friends re-runs, I am “Monica”.
10. I am a meat lover. Meat lover + No raw veggies = Colon Cancer.
Yes, I’m quite convinced that I will have colon cancer sooner than later in my life, but at least I enjoyed living and eating what I love, right!? ;-)
11. I hate the rain. I know hate is a strong word, but I do not like it when my feet get wet and I generally do not appreciate the gloominess and dirt all around that rain entails. [I do appreciate that rain is good for the foliage though, but I'm not foliage...I digress. ]
My 11 Questions For You:
1. What do you consider the single most important technological discovery in the 21st century?
2. What makes you happy on a particularly bad day?
3. What is most important to you right now, aside from God and family.
4. What is your favorite baked goodie?
5. What is the best recipe you’ve recently tried or made? [Care to share? ;-) ]
6. Where’s the best place you’ve been to and why? [It doesn't matter if it's Disney Land, it is the best place on earth! ;-) ]
7. Do you find it hard to open up to people and why?
8. What do you consider the most annoying?
9. Quartz, Granite, or Marble countertops?
10. What’s your favorite pastime?
11. If you can have an all expenses paid holiday week, anywhere in the world, where would you want to go? (choose 1 place)
My Top 11 Liebster Blog Award Nominations:
Here are my top 11 blog picks that I find really interesting. I would love to know more about the authors! ;-)
1. Donna of Donna On Palawan
2. Kellie of Le Zoe Musings
3. Tori of The Stori Brook
4. Beth of The Renegade Seamstress
5. Kristin of Bliss at Home
6. Tracy of Let’s Get Thrifty
7. Amanda of Our Humble Abowed
8. Leslie of Work Play Polish
9. Sandra of Miss S’s Office
10. The Mouse of Live2Eat Eat2Live
11. Magdalena and Agatha of A Good Hostess…
That’s it folks! Wow this has been lengthy!
Have a beautiful week ahead of you! ;-)