chicken.with.basil.mushroom.cream.sauce.Posted: August 6, 2012
Last week I was going to cook some stew with the chicken I had. I got inspiration from my newly purchased Basil plant, so I whipped something up that’s totally different from what I intended to make.
I’d like to share with you the recipe I came up with. See how easy and tasty it is!
Chicken with Basil and Mushroom Cream Sauce
Boneless, skinless, chicken breast- 2 lbs. cut into strips
Shake’n Bake - 1 package
White wine- 1/4 cup
White mushrooms- 8 large pcs. washed and sliced
Fresh basil leaves- 10 leaves, washed
Campbell’s cream of mushrooms- 1 can
Egg- 1 beaten
Butter- 1 tbsp
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Breaded Chicken Strips:
1. Sauté sliced mushrooms in a teaspoon of butter or some cooking oil ’til brown. Set aside.
2. Open shake’n bake packet and pour into a large bowl, add some salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pre-heat large frying pan to medium high and add some olive oil or canola.
4. Dip chicken into beaten egg and then dip into a bowl of shake’n bake breading.
5. Pan sear the breaded chicken strips make sure they are flat on the pan. (please keep in mind the chicken are pan-seared, not deep-fried, so use very little oil)
6. Cover for a 2 minutes and flip the chicken and cover again for another 2 minutes.
7. Lower heat to medium to cook chicken thoroughly. (they shouldn’t take too long to cook because they are boneless, skinless, chicken breast strips)
8. Do steps 4-7 in batches until all the chicken is cooked. Set Aside.
Basil, Mushroom Cream Sauce:
1. Pour a can of cream of mushroom on a medium sauce pan at low to medium heat.
2. Use a wire whisk to mix until smooth and free of lumps.
3. Add 1 tablespoon butter, sautéed mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add wine and stir with whisk.
5. Add a bit of water or some milk to thin out the sauce if it becomes too thick. (this will highly depend on your sauce preference)
6. Finally, cut the basil leaves into smaller pieces and add them into the cream sauce and keep stirring with whisk.
7. Pour basil, mushroom, cream sauce onto the breaded chicken.
8. Serve and Enjoy!
Hope you liked this easy recipe I came up with, inspired by my new basil plant!
I’d love to hear from you if you ever get to try this one out!
Have an awesome B.C. Day Monday!